Mark Rober has an estimated net worth of 20 million dollars.
Mark uses his expertise to create fun and engaging YouTube videos on popular science and do-it-yourself gadgets. If you’re looking for a detailed case study on Rober’s income sources, his YouTuber journey, and his biography, read on.
Table of Contents
Who is Mark Rober?
Mark Rober is a former NASA and Apple engineer who’s now a popular YouTuber with nearly 25 million subscribers.
He has a mechanical engineering degree from Brigham Young University and a master’s degree from the University of Southern California.
Mark Rober Biography:
- Mark Rober Age: 43 years old
- Net worth: $20 million
- Birth Date: 11 March 1980
- Birth Place: Brea, California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Relationship Status: Married to Lisa Rober
Mark Rober in Numbers:
- He has nearly 25 million subscribers on YouTube, with over 3,573,210,299 lifetime video views on his channel
- He has over 5.3 million Facebook followers
- Over 1.2 million people follow him on Instagram
So how did Mark Rober go from a NASA engineer to a successful YouTuber? Let’s find out without much ado.
Mark Rober Net Worth: A Look at His Net Worth and Earnings
Build a profitable side hustle
Starting a side hustle is the best way to achieve financial freedom and stress-free life.
A side hustle is a way to make money outside of your 9 to 5 job. It can be a fun project or even a hobby.
Did you know that Mark Rober founded Crunch Labs? It is Mark’s side hustle, which is a monthly STEM toy subscription box for kids ages 8-12+ old.
Here are some of the incredible features of CrunchLabs:
- It is a monthly subscription service
- Offers STEM toys to build
- Users will get access to exclusive videos and games
- Designed for kids ages 8-12+
- Taught by Mark Rober
- A fun and engaging way to learn about engineering
If you’re planning to start a side hustle like Mark, here are some practical tips for you.
Find something you’re passionate about: Starting a side hustle should be fun. It should NEVER be a daunting task. Starting something you’re passionate about will make you more likely to stick with it, even when things get tough. Mark Rober is passionate about science and engineering, so he started his YouTube channel and other projects.
Be unique: The fastest way to build a profitable side hustle business is to find a way to stand out from the crowd. Mark Rober does this by creating high-quality and out-of-the-box videos on science and DIY projects.
Be patient: You need to be persistent with your side hustle. Be patient, no matter what idea you pick, as building a successful side hustle takes time and effort. Mark Rober has been working on his side hustle (Crunch Labs) for many years, and he’s still learning and growing.
Above all, don’t be afraid to fail. Everyone fails at some point, and Mark failed MANY times while working on new projects. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and keep moving forward.
He was a former NASA engineer
If you’ve been following Rober for a while, you may already know he’s the former NASA engineer.
Mark Rober joined NASA in 2004. He started in the “Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)”, where he worked there for NINE years. He was also a part of the famous “Curiosity rover”, which is now on Mars.
He was involved in many projects, including self-driving cars, AMT, GRAIL, SMAP, and Mars Science Laboratory.
Rober left NASA in 2013 to pursue a career in science and entertainment.
What’s the takeaway?
Rober’s NASA story shows that it’s possible to achieve success in multiple fields. Although he started his career as a NASA scientist, he quit the job because he wanted to pursue his passion.
If you are passionate about something, you will be more likely to succeed in it. Rober is the BEST example of it, as it he’s able to build a successful YouTube channel with over 25 million subscribers.
He creates out-of-the-box videos
One of the major reasons for Mark Rober’s HUGE net worth and YouTube following is that he often creates “out-of-the-box” and high-quality videos.
Mark created one video featuring his product, “Domino Robot,” which he spent over five years developing!
In case you’re wondering, here are some proven ways to create epic videos for a YouTube channel.
- Use humor in your videos. No one likes to watch boring random videos. Mark Rober is known for his sense of humor. This is what makes his videos so entertaining to watch.
- Involve your audience. Ask your viewers questions and give them opportunities to participate in your videos. Rober has done this a ton of times on his channel. This is exactly what helped him build a loyal following on YouTube.
- Keep it short and sweet. If you’ve watched Rober’s videos, most of them are short and concise. People have short attention spans, so keep your videos short. Most people won’t watch a video that’s longer than 10 minutes unless it’s extremely engaging.
If you want to be successful in ANY field, you need to be consistent with your efforts.
Mark became a successful YouTuber because he was consistent with his video publishing schedule.
Mark Rober is EXTREMELY consistent in whatever project he works on. He uploads new videos on a regular basis, which helps his audience keep coming back to his channel for more.
He also uses other social media networks, including Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, to promote his videos and update his followers on his latest projects.
Here are a few practical tips on being consistent with your work.
- Schedule time for your work. If you don’t have a proper schedule or timeline, you’ll easily get distracted. Scheduling helps you stay on track and avoid procrastination.
- Find a routine that works for you. Few people are focused in the mornings, while others work effortlessly during night. Find what works and stick to it.
- Set deadlines for yourself. You can use a calendar or planner. You can also try the Pomodoro technique or set reminders.
Mark always breaks complex things in simple terms. That is because he always finds fun in whatever he does.
You’re less likely to be successful if you’re not having fun. No matter what you do, make sure that you enjoy the process.
Also, he NEVER gives up on his ideas and projects. Mark Rober has been making YouTube videos for over ten years, and he’s never given up on his dream of becoming a successful YouTuber. That persistence is what made him what he’s today.
Here are a few interesting ideas on how to find fun in work and life.
Set your goals in advance: Consider what you want to achieve. For example, what are your goals for your YouTube channel or website? Do you want to reach a certain number of subscribers or website visitors? Do you want to make a certain amount of money?
Once you know what you want to achieve, you can start to break it down into smaller, more manageable goals.
Make sure to set realistic goals if you want to be consistent. For example, instead of saying, “I want to be a successful YouTuber,” you could say, “I want to reach 10,000 subscribers by the end of the year.”
Work on short-term goals: Instead of working on five or 10-year goals, focus on setting up three or 6-month goals and work towards them. It helps you with realistic goals and reduces the anxiety of working towards LONGER goals.
Reward yourself: Whenever you achieve short-term goals, make sure to reward yourself. Take a short vacation, take a break, or buy yourself something. It gives you a positive feeling to achieve more things in the future.
Top 10 Mark Rober Quotes to Inspire You
Here are a few handpicked quotes from Mark Rober that will inspire you in life and business.
1. “I feel like a lot of the successes in my life have come down to the Super Mario Effect, and while framing challenges like this has worked for me, of course, results may vary.”
2. “By shifting your focus to the princess and treating your life’s challenges like video games, you can trick your brain and actually learn more and see more success.”
3. “Wearable tech is really exploding, and I feel like five years down the road tech is going to be totally in our clothing. It’s the next frontier for tech to conquer in our lives.”
4. “We spent zero dollars on advertising. We just had a YouTube video and that was it. We did a quarter million dollars in revenue, just in three weeks.”
5. “We can all relate at some level to being fascinated by looking at ourselves. You see it every time little kids walk into a store with surveillance and start dancing and waving at themselves.”
6. “But by reframing the learning process and focusing on the cool end goal, the fear of failure is often taken off the table, and learning just comes more naturally.”
7. “I love to take something very commonplace and reuse it in an original way.”
8. “If I see a problem, I like to think if there’s a better way to do it.”
9. “I really believe if you reframe the challenges, it will make all the difference. My approach is to sort of trick you into learning something through something cool.”
10. “The trick to learning more and having more success is finding the right way to frame the learning process.”
FAQs about Mark Rober’s net worth
Here are some commonly asked questions about Mark Rober and his income.
As of 2023, Mark Rober has an estimated net worth of 20 million dollars.
Mark Rober is a successful YouTuber and startup founder of Crunch Labs. He was also a former NASA scientist who worked on the Mars rover.
Rober left NASA in June 2013 (after working for NASA for nine years) to pursue his career interests like “Digital Dudz,” YouTube, and more.
Rober spent working on the Curiosity rover, which is now on Mars. He also published a case study about applying wiki technology while working at NASA.
Yes, Mark Rober was a former NASA scientist who joined NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in 2004. He worked at NASA for nine years and quit his job to pursue other projects like YouTube, Crunch Labs, etc.
Final thoughts on how much is Mark Rober worth
Mark Rober is a role model for many people and is extremely passionate about science education. He uses his YouTube skills to teach people of all ages to learn about science and engineering.
The secret to his YouTube success is his passion. There is no one-size-fits-all formula, you need to learn from others and apply those ideas to your life.
So what are your thoughts on Mark Rober’s net worth? Did you find this case study helpful? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.