Want to know how to create a website with ChatGPT quickly? You’re in the right place.
This is the ONLY free resource you’ll ever need to build a website using ChatGPT.
In this free guide, you’ll discover the following:
- How ChatGPT can help you create a website (including a 25-second quick video demonstration)
- How to create content
- ChatGPT pros, cons, alternatives, cost, and much more
If you’re a beginner with zero coding skills, don’t worry, we’ll teach you how to launch your website using ChatGPT. Let’s get started without much ado.
Table of Contents
How to QUICKLY Create a Website with ChatGPT [Beginner’s Guide]
What is ChatGPT and How Does it Work?
Before we dive into the details, let’s briefly talk about ChatGPT.
ChatGPT is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) chatbot that generates human-like text. You can interact with ChatGPT as if you’re interacting with a person.
ChatGPT uses large language models (GPT-3.5), considered the most powerful text-generating model.
The best part?
It’s free to use. It also offers a premium plan that costs $20 per month, which gives you unlimited access even during peak times.
To get started, you can sign up for a free account here.
You can also check out our free resource to learn how to use ChatGPT like a pro.
4 Ways You Can Use ChatGPT for Website Creation
Firstly, you must give appropriate input prompts to use ChatGPT to create a complete website from scratch.
That being said, ChatGPT can help you create websites in FOUR significant ways. Don’t skip these steps, as we will demonstrate the website creation with ChatGPT, including examples.
Check out this 25-second video to see the source code of a modern portfolio website created by ChatGPT.
See that? It created the source code for an entire website. That’s how powerful ChatGPT is.
Before jumping into the details, ask ChatGPT to give step-by-step instructions on building a website.
Input prompt: Give me step-by-step instructions on building a website
Have a look at the output;
As you can see above, it will give you a basic yet essential website-building analysis.
You can review each point and prepare to build your first website.
Important Note: For website-building purposes, use self-hosted blogging platforms like WordPress.org. For WordPress sites, you need web hosting. Don’t worry; we’ll discuss about hosting and others in this guide.
Let’s explore how ChatGPT can help you build a website or blog in 2023.
1. To create code for your website’s design
ChatGPT is the most powerful AI tool that can be used to create basic and most important pages on your website.
Let’s take a few examples of how ChatGPT can help you design your site.
Let’s assume you want to create a basic home page for an SEO website.
Give an input prompt, and ChatGPT will take care of the rest.
Here’s the input prompt: “Give me the HTML source code for the home page of an SEO website.”
Here’s the output generated;
Here’s the continuation;
See that? ChatGPT generated the whole HTML code, including a header with a navigation menu, a call to action, and more.
Similarly, you can create the HTML source code (or any programming language code) to build the pages for your website.
In another example, if you want to create a footer for your website with three columns and a centered logo at the top, you can use the following text prompt.
“How can I build a Footer with Tailwind with three columns and a centered logo at the top?”
Here’s the output generated by ChatGPT;
Quick note: We’ve divided the output into three parts for easy understanding.
As you can see, in part 1, ChatGPT created new div elements and elements for the logo.
In part 2, it created a new div element for the columns.
In part 3, it created the complete code for the footer that you can embed within your website.
Let’s take one more example. Want to create an SVG for your website’s info icon?
Here’s the code generated by ChatGPT;
See that? As you can see, we used ChatGPT to create an info icon, source code for essential pages, and the required code for the footer.
You can create ANY website you want with the help of ChatGPT.
2. To create source code for contact forms
One of the essential pages on a website is the contact page.
To create a contact page, you must embed a form containing major text input fields like email, name, etc.
Can ChatGPT create a contact form with these details? Yes.
Here is an example of a web page containing a form:
As you can see above, it created an HTML source code for the contact form that contains fields including;
- Submit button
Not only that, it created a PHP code along with the notes.
Have a look;
As you can see, ChatGPT is suggesting “notes” that show exactly what to do to create an error-free contact form.
3. To find SOLID keyword ideas for your site
Hands down, keyword research is the most important thing that could make or break your website’s success.
No matter your niche, you need PROPER keywords that you can target within your website to get relevant visitors from search engines like Google.
Does ChatGPT help you with keyword research? Yes, it does.
For example, here’s what we asked ChatGPT for keyword research.
Input Prompt: “Help me find relevant SEO keywords for blog posts for an SEO website that sells SEO tools. They should have a high search volume but less competition. Put it in a table with all the keywords on the left and a magnetic headline idea on the right.”
Here’s the list of potential keyword ideas, along with amazing titles provided by ChatGPT;
Look at that output. Isn’t it amazing?
You can find highly relevant and profitable keyword ideas for your website for ZERO dollars.
Similarly, you can use ChatGPT to get content ideas for your blog, product ideas for an online store, keywords for your business website, and the list goes on.
4. To create content for your website or blog
One thing ChatGPT does the best is it creates engaging content.
Whether you’re running an online store, a portfolio website, or a business site – you need content.
You need content for various things like;
- Blog posts
- Product pages
- Important website pages, including the homepage, about, legal pages, etc.
ChatGPT can create content for ALL those things.
Here’s an example;
Let’s say you want to talk about the pros and cons of the Apple Watch.
Give it some text prompt, and ChatGPT will instantly create content for you.
Have a look;
See that? It instantly generated a list of all the pros and cons of the product (with details).
Here’s the thing about using AI tools like ChatGPT: Google is OKAY with AI-generated content, as long as it adds value to the user.
What does it mean?
If you can use these tools for website content creation, add your ideas or suggestions to make your content useful for your target audience.
Otherwise, if you simply use the content generated by ChatGPT, it will NOT rank anywhere in search results. Why? Because AI tools just rehash the content already available on the Internet (in various writing tones).
How to Host Your Website in 2023?
So far, we have discussed how you could use ChatGPT for website creation.
To build a self-hosted website, you need one thing: web hosting.
Web hosting is what provides you with online web space to store your website files such as images, blog posts, videos, etc.
So what’s the BEST web host to host your website?
Although there are hundreds of web hosts out there, we recommend Hostinger.
Why? Hostinger is highly affordable and is used by over 29 million websites worldwide. You can read our unbiased Hostinger review if you want to know more details.
If you’re curious, here’s a quick tutorial on using Hostinger to host your site.
To get started, visit this Hostinger offer link, and you’ll be taken to their official website.
Here’s what it looks like;
As you can see above, you can click on the “Claim Deal” button to continue and you’ll be shown various hosting plans from Hostinger.
We recommend you go with their “WordPress Starter” plan as it costs just only 149 rupees per month and you’ll get a free domain with free website backups.
Once you click on the “Add to Cart” button, you’ll be taken to the billing page.
Quick note: Use our exclusive promo code ANILAGARWAL in the “Have a coupon code” section to get 10% extra discount.
Have a look at the billing after applying the coupon;
After applying the ANILAGARWAL coupon, you’ll get the same plan for just ₹134/mo, which means four years of hosting costs only 7595 Indian rupees.
If you’re wondering, Hostinger India offers the following FOUR pricing plans in WordPress hosting.
- Single WordPress costs only 69 rupees per month, where you can install only one website (free domain is NOT provided)
- WordPress Starter costs only 149 rupees per month, and you can install up to 100 websites (a free domain is provided with free weekly backups and 100 GB storage)
- Business WordPress costs only 269 rupees per month, and you can install up to 100 websites(a free domain is provided with free DAILY backups and 200 GB storage)
- WordPress Pro costs only 699 rupees per month, and you can install up to 300 websites (a free domain is provided with free DAILY backups and 200 GB storage)
Once you’re done with the purchase of hosting from Hostinger, you need to install WordPress to start your own website.
Here’s a FREE resource on installing WordPress on Hostinger, where you can discover easy steps to launch your site.
If you still need help, mail us at ani[email protected], and we’d gladly help.
Pros and Cons of Using ChatGPT to Launch a Website
So what are the pros and cons of using AI tools like ChatGPT for website creation? Let’s find out.
- ChatGPT is 100% free to use for everyone. Yes, it also has a premium version, but the free version is more than enough to build a website from scratch.
- You can save a lot of time. The best thing about AI tools like ChatGPT is that they can work 24/7 and generate REALLY faster results.
- It can offer a ton of ideas to build and customize a website however you want. You can also ask ChatGPT to suggest what type of site (such as a portfolio site, an online store, or a simple website) you want to create.
- It can be used to create real-time AI chatbots which you can use on your website to help your visitors or customers
- It has billions of data parameters stored, so you don’t have to train specifically to get relevant data from ChatGPT
- It can be helpful for keyword research as you can generate unlimited keyword ideas no matter what niche you’re in
- You can use ChatGPT to create content such as emails, blog posts, product reviews, and so on
- If you’re into video marketing, you can use ChatGPT to get video content ideas, script ideas, and more
- Limited knowledge of the world after 2021 and ChatGPT may generate inaccurate lines of code, which can make it harder to build a website
There are a couple of alternatives to ChatGPT, including ChatSonice from WriteSonic, You Chat, etc, but the BEST alternative is Jasper Chat.
So let’s quickly talk about Jasper Chat and its pricing and features.
Jasper Chat is similar to ChatGPT but comes equipped with a ton of powerful features, such as;
- Easy-to-use interface
- Incredible AI chatbot that helps you generate ideas, revise your content, come up with headline ideas, and more
- Works in 29 languages
Jasper Chat also uses the same language models and natural language processing (NLP) to understand the intent of users’ queries to have a natural conversation.
How much does Jasper Chat cost?
Jasper Chat is FREE when you’ve access to Jasper’s Boss Mode or Business Plans.
If you’re interested, here are the pricing details of Jasper’s Boss Mode or Business Plans.
1. Boss Mode: This is the BEST plan if you’re getting started with Jasper. Its pricing starts at $59 per month, and here are the features of the Boss mode;
- 50+ AI templates
- Google Docs style editor
- Jasper Chat
- Compose & command features
- Live chat support
2. Business Plan: If you’re a team looking to create unlimited content, this is the right plan for you. Its pricing starts at $499 per month, and you’ll get the following things.
- Collaborate with more than five users
- Personalized onboarding & training
- Dedicated account manager
- Custom billing and much more
Want to know more details about the Jasper AI tool? You can read our in-depth review of Jasper AI for its pros and cons.
FAQs on ChatGPT
Here are some frequently asked questions about ChatGPT and its usage.
ChatGPT is an AI-based chatbot that gives you answers to users’ queries. It is developed by OpenAI and uses large language models to generate human-like text.
Yes, ChatGPT is free. It also offers a premium version called “ChatGPT Plus,” which gives you access even during peak times with faster response times. The premium version costs $20 per month.
Yes, it’s possible to use ChatGPT to create a custom website from scratch. ChatGPT uses machine-learning language models to create code based on the input. However, you need assistance from REAL people to edit, customize, and finally build a website.
ChatGPT was launched by OpenAI, which is a non-profit artificial intelligence company. Sam Altman is the CEO of ChatGPT, and OpenAI’s valuation is currently estimated at $29 billion in 2023.
Final thoughts on building a website with ChatGPT
Hands down, ChatGPT is the MOST revolutionary software that’s available in 2023.
It’s ONLY going to grow and can save a ton of time in various things like chatbots, content creation, coding, promotion tactics, and much more.
What do you think about ChatGPT for website creation? Are you going to try it out? Have any questions about this fantastic AI tool? Let us know in the comments.