Are you looking for a detailed comparison of ChatGPT vs Jasper AI? Looking for the BEST AI tools to save your time and money? You’re in the right place.
ChatGPT and Jasper are two natural language processing (NLP) technologies that use OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 language models to generate human-like text.
But… they have some KEY differences in their capabilities and use cases.
In this post, we will compare ChatGPT and Jasper to help you understand the strengths and limitations of each platform.
- What ChatGPT is, along with its features
- What Jasper is, along with its features
- What can you do with these two platforms
- Pros, cons, pricing, and much more
Let’s get started without further ado.
Table of Contents
ChatGPT Vs Jasper AI: The Ultimate Comparison
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a large language model that uses GPT-3.5 (short for “Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3”) to generate human-like text.
In simple terms, ChatGPT can be considered a “question-answering chatbot” that does many things, including text translation, summarization, question answering, and text generation.
Simply give it some input and it will generate a relevant output for you.
Let’s say you want to learn the tips on “how to write a book,” and here’s the output generated by ChatGPT.
See that? Within a minute, ChatGPT generated human-like text based on the input.
To learn more about ChatGPT, check out our ChatGPT review, where you’ll find many real-life examples.
- Chatbot with natural language processing capabilities
- Generates text
- Debug and fix code errors
- Translates text between languages
- Remembers the previous conversation with the user
- The ability to generate better context based on follow-up instructions
- Summarizes paragraphs or content
- Solves math equations
- Explains complex concepts in simple language
What is Jasper AI?
Jasper uses the same GPT-3 language model that ChatGPT uses (developed by OpenAI) to create human-like copy and content.
Jasper AI also offers a ChatGPT alternative called “Jasper Chat” that works like a chatbot.
With Jasper Chat, you can have a natural conversation with AI and get real answers to your queries.
Let’s say you want to create a short story on vampires and Jasper Chat will generate a story instantly.
Have a look;
Want to know more about Jasper? Read our Jasper AI review for more details about this amazing AI tool.
Jasper AI Features
- Over 50 copywriting tools
- Access to “Jasper Chat” that works like ChatGPT chatbot
- Easy-to-use interface
- Rewrite or improve existing content
- Free plagiarism checker
- Creates content in 29 different languages
- Access to “Jasper Art” that turns text into images
- It offers a Chrome extension
- Write catchy video scripts
- Generate marketing copy
- 5-day free trial
- Chat and email support
So what are you waiting for? Use the following link to try Jasper for free.
What Can You Do With ChatGPT?
There are a thousand ways to use ChatGPT. Here are a few popular use cases of ChatGPT.
1. Explain the Complex Concept In Simple Terms
One of the major reasons to use an AI chatbot like ChatGPT is that it can simplify complex topics.
For example, if you’re new to Cryptocurrency and looking for an easier way to understand what it is all about, you can use ChatGPT.
Have a look;
See that? It explains complex concepts is simple terms that anyone can understand. The best part?
It will generate results REALLY quickly so you don’t have to spend a ton of time researching those topics on Google for hours.
Also, it’s extremely easy to use tools like ChatGPT. All you need to do is to enter some input and ChatGPT will follow your command.
The ability to explain complex topics in layman’s terms can be handy for teachers, students, research scholars, website owners, etc.
2. Get Creative Ideas
Want to get creative ideas for the 31st December party with friends?
ChatGPT can help you with that.
Have a look;
Similarly, you can ask ChatGPT for ANY creative ideas and it will probably deliver.
Quick note: ChatGPT is trained to decline inappropriate requests. So ask appropriate questions and get relevant responses.
The best part about using ChatGPT is that it remembers what the user said earlier in the conversation.
Have a look at the following conversation with ChatGPT;
3. Write Social Media Posts
Want to get ahead in the social media game?
Don’t have enough time to create social media posts regularly? Then, ChatGPT is an excellent resource for you that helps you create social media posts for your business.
Let’s say you want to publish an SEO-related post on LinkedIn. Just give it the relevant command and ChatGPT will create a LinkedIn post for you.
Have a look;
See that? Although you don’t have to use the exact same copy. You can make small tweaks and add your own content wherever applicable before posting on social media platforms.
Similarly, you can use ChatGPT to create social media posts on ANY platform including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
You can even ask ChatGPT to create a social media calendar by giving relevant commands.
Have a look;
How’s that? It generated a social media schedule with topic ideas for a week! You can use those ideas however you want and make changes to create amazing social media posts.
4. Use It to Generate Code
You can use ChatGPT to generate code or fix errors in your existing code.
Let’s try it with an example.
Have a look;
As you can see above, ChatGPT can be used to generate code-like text as part of a larger project.
You can use it to generate code comments or documentation or to generate code snippets that follow a specific syntax or style.
What Can You Do With Jasper AI?
The BIGGEST reason to use Jasper AI over ChatGPT is that it gives you access to over 50 different use cases to generate content. Here are some of the popular real-life use cases you can try with Jasper.
1. Create Website Content
Are you looking for an AI writing tool to create better content faster? Then, you’ll love Jasper AI software.
It gives you access to a ton of templates that help you create engaging content for your blog, including;
- Blog posts
- Case studies
- Product reviews
- Titles and meta descriptions
Here are some of the benefits of using Jasper to create content;
- Generate highly relevant and helpful content and use the Surfer SEO (which can be integrated with Jasper) to optimize it for Google
- The ability to improve your old content for better rankings
- Improve your overall writing with better vocabulary and tone
- Create content that is free of plagiarism and spelling mistakes
To get started, you can pick the “Blog Templates” which show you all the templates that can be used to create website content.
Here’s what it looks like;
As you can see above, you can do a ton of things, including;
- Generating blog post intro
- Blog conclusion
- Coming up with blog post ideas
- Improving existing content with content improver
- Creating listicles, and much more
2. Write Video Scripts
Want to create engaging videos for platforms like YouTube and TikTok? Struggling to come up with engaging scripts for your videos? You should definitely consider Jasper then.
It offers a template called “Video Script Outline” that helps you generate script outlines for your videos. This template works best for “Listicle” and “How to” style videos.
Here’s what it looks like;
As you can see, all you need to do is to enter a video title or topic and Jasper will automatically create a script outline for your video.
Have a look;
Again, if you want to expand on each of those points, you can use Jasper’s Boss mode and Document Editor to generate more content that you can use for video scripts.
3. Write Quora Answers
Quora is one of the best Q&A platforms where millions of people seed advice from thousands of categories, including fitness, marketing, business, lifestyle, space, and more.
If you’re running a website to build backlinks or looking for a solid platform to build and grow your personal brand – Quora is a great choice for you.
But here’s the thing: to succeed on Quora, you need to write helpful answers to the users’ queries.
It often takes time to write helpful content, right? Here’s where Jasper comes into play as it offers a copywriting template called “Quora Answers,” which helps you write useful answers for tough questions.
Just pick the “Quora Answers” template from Jasper, enter the question you want to write about, and mention what to include in the answer to generate better answers.
Here’s what it looks like;
You can also choose the writing tone, input language, etc to create answers. Once you click the “Generate” button, Jasper will automatically create a Quora answer.
Have a look;
See that? It created multiple versions of Quora answers relevant to the question you provided.
If you find the answer short and want to make it more detailed, you can always use the Jasper “Document Editor” to create more relevant content to use as Quora answers.
4. Generate Catchy Social Meda Posts
Let’s say you want to write a detailed thread on Twitter containing SEO tips.
Simply enter the relevant command, choose the output length (short, medium, or long), and click on the “Run Command.”
Viola, it instantly creates a Twitter thread for you.
Have a look;
See that? You’ll get an informative Twitter thread almost instantly. Similarly, you can use Jasper to create engaging social media posts for any platform including Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook, and so on.
How is ChatGPT Different from Jasper?
First things first: ChatGPT and Jasper Chat are interactive chatbots. It means these AI tools respond to your queries conversationally.
Both these platforms use the GPT 3.5 language model to generate text.
The significant difference between ChatGPT and Jasper AI is that Jasper gives you access to many copywriting templates to create high-quality, in-depth content.
Also, Jasper AI gives you access to a ChatGPT alternative called “Jasper Chat” which can be used as a writing assistant to generate informative and helpful content like blog posts, tweets, short stories, etc.
Jasper Chat is built for business owners and marketers to create engaging copy to serve their audience. In contrast, ChatGPT can be used for multi-purposes such as fixing code, generating movie scripts, and more.
Yes, ChatGPT can generate whatever Jasper generates, but the difference is the ease of use.
Verdict: If you’re a business owner, Jasper is more flexible in terms of creating quality content when compared to ChatGPT. Using Jasper is a no-brainer if you don’t mind paying a few bucks ($49/mo). But if you’re just getting started with AI tools and looking for free or affordable options – go with ChatGPT.
Pricing: Jasper AI vs ChatGPT
Let’s now talk about the pricing options of both these AI tools.
Jasper AI Pricing: Jasper offers two pricing plans which are listed below.
1. Boss: If you want to unlock the potential of Jasper AI fully, go with the Boss mode plan, as it lets you create longer content, including blog posts, case studies, stories, and more.
Its pricing starts only at $49 per month (if billed annually), and you can generate up to 50,000 words per month.
You can check out our Jasper pricing post to find more details about their pricing plans.
Jasper offers a 5-day refund policy. So if you don’t like Jasper, you can email [email protected] and they’ll instantly refund 100% of your money.
2. Business: If you want to generate unlimited words per month with Jasper, the Business plan is suitable for you. It offers custom pricing plans starting at $499 per month. Depending on your usage, the pricing will change. You can connect with Jasper’s support team to discuss pricing.
ChatGPT Pricing: ChatGPT is free to use for all users. But if you want to get unlimited access even during peak times, you can go with the ChatGPT Plus plan, which costs just $20/mo.
Here’s what you’ll get with ChatGPT Plus;
- Access to ChatGPT, even during peak times
- Super fast response times while generating text
- Priority access to all the upcoming features
Verdict: ChatGPT is clearly the winner, as it offers a free version as well as an affordable one.
Pros & Cons of Jasper AI and ChatGPT
Jasper AI Pros:
- Jasper offers over 50 powerful copywriting tools to create better content
- It offers a unique feature called “Jasper Chat” that works exactly like ChatGPT, as you can use it as a chatbot
- It provides you with an easy-to-use interface
- Ability to rewrite or improve existing content on any topic
- You can use Jasper to generate any type of content, including blog posts, newsletters, marketing ads, etc
- It learns from your writing style and gives you better output as you use it more
- Offers a free plagiarism checker to help you with plagiarism-free content
- It can create content in 29 different languages
- It offers a Boss mode that can be used to create long forms of content such as articles, case studies, movie scripts, etc.
- It offers Jasper Art that will turn your text into an appealing image and you can export high-resolution images at 2048px by 2048px with no watermark.
- It gives you access to Jasper Chrome Extension that helps you write directly on many platforms, including WordPress, Shopify, etc
- Write captivating video scripts for video platforms like YouTube and TikTok.
Jasper AI Cons:
- Unlike ChatGPT, Jasper is NOT free as its Boss mode pricing starts at $49 per month
- It is free to use (also, its Plus plan costs just $20/mo, which is extremely cheaper than Jasper)
- Works like a chatbot where ChatGPT answers most of your queries
- Automatically generates text such as blog posts, stories, lyrics, etc
- Coding debug and fix as you can use it to find and correct errors in any code
- The ability to translate
- Remembers what the user said earlier in the conversation
- Allows you to provide follow-up corrections
- The ability to summarize paragraphs or content
- Ability to solve math equations
- It can be used as a chatbot or virtual assistant. By providing an input prompt that includes the user’s message and any relevant context, ChatGPT can generate human-like responses that are appropriate for the conversation
- Provides fast responses for most queries
- Explains what anything does in simple language (for example, you can ask, “Explain quantum computing in simple terms,” and it will give you a straightforward answer)
- Limited creativity. While ChatGPT can help you come up with fresh ideas, it may not replicate the creativity of a human writer.
- It can occasionally generate incorrect and irrelevant information (it’s also the same case with Jasper)
FAQs | ChatGPT and Jasper AI
Here are some frequently asked questions about ChatGPT and Jasper AI tools.
ChatGPt is an AI chatbot that uses GPT 3.5-based large language model to generate human-like text. It is developed by OpenAI and exclusively designed for generating natural language text in a conversational style.
Jasper is an AI-based writing assistant that automatically generates content based on your input prompt. You only need to give a topic or content brief, and Jasper will create content such as blog posts, emails, stories, etc.
Jasper AI is much better as it comes with many features, including copywriting templates, an easy-to-use interface, the ability to create longer content, etc. But if you’re looking for a free option, go with ChatGPT, as it is completely free to use.
It depends on several things including the data it was trained on and the quality of the prompt used as input. Still, these two tools may generate inaccurate data occasionally.
No, ChatGPT is not able to browse the internet or access up-to-date information. ChatGPT has limited knowledge of the world after 2021.
Jasper offers two pricing plans, including the Boss mode (starts at $59 per month), and Business plan (starts at $499/mo). You’ll get a 17% instant discount if you pay annually.
ChatGPT is free for now. It also offers ChatGPT plus which costs $20/mo, and offers uninterrupted usage even during peak times.
OpenAI owns ChatGPT. OpenAI is an artificial intelligence research company which is founded by Sam Altman, Greg Brockman, Elon Musk, etc.
Final thoughts on Jasper AI vs ChatGPT
AI is changing the way we create content.
For most bloggers and content creators, AI tools like Jasper and ChatGPT can help save their time and money.
Also, what you’re going to create with these AI tools are limitless, as you can create almost anything from blog posts to stories, novels, and more.
So what are your thoughts on Jasper AI and ChatGPT? Are you going to try these two AI tools? Have any more questions? Let us know in the comments.