Affiliate marketing is one of the most lucrative ways to earn “passive income” online.
But… what’s the future of affiliate marketing? Is it growing rapidly or slowly dying?
Did you know that top-earning bloggers generate most of their income from selling affiliate products?
In fact, affiliate networks like ClickBank paid out more than 5 BILLION dollars to its affiliates.
If you’re curious, here are some of the biggest affiliate networks along with their publishers.
- CJ Affiliate has over 167,000 publishers
- Amazon Associates has over 1.5 million sellers globally
- ClickBank has over 100,000 affiliates worldwide
- ShareASale currently has over 240,000 publishers around the world
By looking at those stats, we can easily say that affiliate marketing is a billion-dollar industry and is growing rapidly.
So in this post, we’ll discuss some of the important things like;
- The future of affiliate marketing with trends & predictions
- A simple checklist for affiliate marketing success
- Frequently asked questions about affiliate marketing and more
Are you ready to know the scope of affiliate marketing? Let’s jump into the details.
Table of Contents
Future of Affiliate Marketing: 5 Trends & Predictions to Keep An Eye On In 2023
1. The Craze for Virtual Shopping
Honestly, AI (Artificial Intelligence) is evolving.
AI is helping customers easily find what they want. In the near future, AI is going to play a HUGE role in your affiliate marketing success.
If you’re not equipped well with the AI changes, you’ll struggle to generate sales.
So how can you be prepared for AI growth?
You can try implementing” virtual shopping”.
With virtual shopping, customers can browse products and make purchases without ever leaving the comfort of their homes. This convenience has made virtual shopping a popular option for busy shoppers who want to avoid crowds and save time.
If you’re running an eCommerce store or selling your own products online, virtual shopping is something you need to consider.
What is virtual shopping?
Virtual shopping simply means your customers can browse and purchase products online as they normally would in an offline retail store.
All the giant eCommerce retailers including Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, etc are already planning to implement virtual shopping. So this is going to be a game-changer for all the customers who want to buy exactly what they want.
All you need to do as an affiliate is to pick the right products to promote, create your affiliate links and make use of VR shopping to boost your sales.
As an affiliate, by partnering with eCommerce sites that offer virtual shopping experiences, you can reach a wide audience and earn commissions on every successful sale.
As more and more consumers turn to the internet to do their shopping, affiliate marketers who are able to capitalize on this trend can reap great rewards.
2. Product Awareness
Product awareness shows how familiar your target audiences are with the products you promote and how easily they recognize those products.
Product awareness is all about having knowledge about a particular product (including its competitors).
Customers all around the world are researching A LOT before purchasing a product, especially online. So if you want to grow your affiliate sales in the future, develop the habit of educating your audience with content.
You can try using various methods to increase product awareness including;
- Product reviews that are highly informative
- Product comparisons
- Video tutorials about the products you promote
- And the list goes on
Whichever method you choose, make sure that you educate your audience about the importance of the products you promote.
You want potential customers to understand what your product is and why they need it. With a little effort, you can definitely increase product awareness and grow your affiliate sales.
Above all, make sure to learn from the BEST. You can check out these top affiliate marketing blogs to learn from experts.
3. Video Content is On the Rise
Did you know that people are 85% more likely to purchase a product or service after watching online videos of those brands?
People love watching videos. Video content is growing rapidly. Thanks to platforms like YouTube.
Also, 96% of people have watched an explainer video to better understand or learn about a product or service.
So if you want to become a successful affiliate marketer, start creating video content.
You can use various platforms like YouTube to build and grow your audience. In case you want to learn more, try these YouTube SEO tips to build your audience.
4. Authentic Long-Form Content
YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels, Snapchat stories – we’re constantly bombarded with shorter and shorter content.
People have fewer attention spans so short content is booming.
However, that doesn’t mean that long-form content is a thing of the past.
In fact, people are often more engaged with longer articles. Why? Authentic long-form content allows the reader to really explore the topic in depth.
If someone is planning to purchase an iPad or Macbook, they’re reading all the in-depth reviews or watching detailed videos about those products.
The key is to make sure that your long-form content is interesting, well-written, and HIGHLY relevant to your target audience. When done right, long-form content can work like a charm.
Here are a few simple yet effective ways to create authentic long-form content in 2023 and beyond.
- Firstly, take some time to brainstorm ideas and come up with a basic outline for your post. This will help you to organize your thoughts and ensure that you cover all the key points. Outlining is extremely important
- Next, spend enough time on research to gather relevant information around the topic you’re going to cover. Research your competitors and top 10 ranking pages on Google.
- Start writing. Use Google Docs. Break your content into multiple subheads and start filling them one by one. Make sure to use references when in doubt.
- You can also make use of AI writing tools such as Jasper AI to help you create long-form content.
- Above all, make sure to keep your paragraphs concise and focus on providing value to your target audience instead of filling it with fluff.
5. Personal Branding Is the KEY!
If you want to succeed as an affiliate marketer, build a brand for yourself.
Did you know that we generated over $600,000 from the blog you’re currently reading?
Have a look at our blog’s income over the years.
In case you’re curious, you can go through our blog’s income reports to find all our income sources along with earning screenshots.
Thanks to affiliate marketing coupled with personal branding.
Personal branding improves your interactions with customers and builds credibility.
Building a personal brand means creating an identity that is only unique to you.
So it’s important to find your strengths and skills. Then, find ways to communicate these qualities to position yourself as an expert in your industry.
For example, if you are known for your honesty, make sure that your blog posts and social media posts reflect that quality.
If you want to be seen as a thought leader in your industry, create high-quality and authoritative content regularly. If possible, conduct seminars or webinars.
Finally, be consistent while building your personal brand. Why? It takes time to ensure that others begin to see you as an expert in your industry.
If you want to learn more, here are a few solid personal branding examples you can learn and implement.
A QUICK checklist for affiliate marketing success
Did you know that we made over $430,000 just from one affiliate program called Semrush?
Making thousands of dollars from affiliate marketing is doable if you have a plan.
If you want to pursue affiliate marketing as a career or looking to grow your affiliate sales, here’s an easy-to-use checklist for you.
- It all starts with the niche. A niche is a specialized segment of the market for a particular product. For example, shoes for men, plus size shoes for men, etc are the niche markets within the larger market for men’s shoes. So pick a niche that’s profitable and evergreen.
- Choose the RIGHT products to promote. Analyze your competitors. Find out what they’re already promoting. Know your customers’ needs and then pick those products that solve their problems.
- Start a website and make it SEO-friendly. Check out this SEO tutorial for beginners to implement the best SEO strategies.
- Write honest product reviews by listing all the pros, cons, pricing plans, competitors, etc.
- Create a promotion strategy to promote your affiliate products. You can consider doing SEO, promoting on social media sites, writing on Quora, offering special discounts, etc.
- Become the go-to resource in your niche. People buy from experts and influencers. Becoming an influencer in your niche is probably the most effective way to succeed as an affiliate.
FAQs | Future of Affiliate Marketing
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the future of affiliate marketing.
Yes, affiliate marketing is legal. Just make sure to include an affiliate disclosure on your blog or website. In your affiliate disclosure, you can mention that you earn a commission whenever someone makes a purchase through your links.
Most beginners earn anywhere around $300 to $500 a month with the right content and promotion strategies. The money you make from affiliate marketing depends entirely on your content quality, SEO skills, and marketing experience.
Each product or service offers a different commission to its affiliates. There are products that offer up to $200 per sale (for example, the Semrush affiliate program pays you $200 for every sale).
The future of affiliate marketing in India is great and it’s growing at a rapid pace as YouTube channels are growing along with new websites. There’s so much demand for topics like finance, weight loss, technology, etc.
Yes, affiliate marketing is legal in India. Just make sure to pay your taxes on time 🙂
Yes, affiliate marketing works like a charm. There are many bloggers including Pat Flynn, Anil Agarwal, Adam Enfroy, etc who’re generating thousands of dollars from affiliate marketing.
Having a blog or website is NOT mandatory but it definitely helps you with better sales. You can educate your audience with product reviews, comparisons, discounts, etc when you have a blog.
Final verdict on the future of affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is NOT going to die anytime soon. As more and more businesses use affiliate marketing, it is likely that the industry will continue to grow.
Affiliate marketers will continue to earn thousands of dollars as long as they educate their audience about the products they promote. Yes, it takes time to make a solid income from affiliate marketing but it’s worth your time.
So what are your thoughts about the future of affiliate marketing? Do you have any questions? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.