Want to become a product review blogger to earn thousands of dollars? You’re in the right place. Affiliate marketing is the BEST way to monetize a blog or website.
But there’s a HUGE competition out there. That’s why you need to find the most effective ways to use affiliate marketing so you can make money even while you sleep.
So what’s the best way to monetize a blog using affiliate marketing?
A product review blog.
Product review blogs are NOT new. If done right, you can make thousands of dollars from product review websites. So in this guide, we’ll talk about;
- What is a product review blog
- Product review websites examples
- How to start a product review site
- 5 proven strategies to make money from a product review blog
Are you ready? Let’s jump into the details.
Table of Contents
Product Review Blogger: How to Become One Including Examples
What is a product review blog?
As the name suggests, a product review blog is where you’ll find the reviews of various products. The reviews can be on several categories such as technology, fitness, lifestyle, etc, or on a single topic such as web hosting, email marketing, etc.
A product review blogger is someone who promotes various products (mostly affiliate products) and creates awareness about those products through articles and videos to make money online.
Top 5 Examples of Product Review Blogs & Websites
Looking for the best product review blogs and websites for inspiration? Here’s a handpicked list of FIVE of the most successful websites that cover product reviews.
Wirecutter is one of the popular review websites owned by The New York Times. The NYT company purchased the Wirecutter website in 2016 for a whopping $30+ million.
What type of product reviews you’ll discover on Wirecutter?
Here are a few product categories you’ll find on their website.
- Home & Garden
- Travel & Outdoor
Most of the product reviews are published by New York Times journalists and the reviews are often in-depth and add huge value to their target audience.
Trusted Reviews is the trusted platform to find reviews of all kinds starting from smartphones to cameras, gaming, computing, and more.
What type of product reviews you’ll discover on Trusted Reviews?
Here are a few product categories you’ll find on the Trusted Reviews website.
- Gaming and much more
CNET is one of the world’s #1 review websites which was founded in 1994 and owned by American media company Red Ventures.
What kind of product reviews you’ll discover on CNET?
Here are a few product categories you’ll find on their website.
- News & Culture
On their website, you’ll often find a wide range of product reviews including the latest news, technology stuff, daily deals, and much more.
4. Tom’s Guide
Tom’s Guide is a popular review site that covers all the breaking news, popular product reviews, great deals, and more.
What type of product reviews you’ll discover on Tom’s Guide?
Here are a few product categories you’ll find on the Tom’s Guide website.
- Cloud Storage
- Smart Home, TV, Best VPN, and more
5. Tech Radar
Tech Radar is probably the biggest review website that mostly focuses on technology reviews including phones, tablets, laptops, etc. It was launched in 2010 and is owned by Future Inc which is an international media group.
What kind of product reviews you’ll discover on Tech Radar?
Tech Radar is primarily focused on technology. Here are a few product reviews you’ll find on Tech Radar’s website.
- Wearables such as fitness bands, Apple watches, etc
- PC & Mac desktops
If you’re looking to start a product review blog around technology and looking for inspiration, Tech Radar is a must-read for you.
How to Start a Product Review Blog In 2023?
Do you want to know how to start a product review blog on a limited budget? Want to know how to become a review blogger? Here’s a quick tutorial for you where we’ll use Bluehost to launch your product review blog or website.
Bluehost is the #1 web host used by over 2 million websites across the world and is officially recommended by WordPress itself.
The best part? Bluehost is extremely affordable as its pricing plans start only at $2.95 per month.
To get started, visit this special link and you’ll be landing on the Bluehost website.
Once you’re on their site, click on the Get Started button to continue to their shared hosting plans.
Here’s what it looks like;
As you can see above, you’ll find four different shared hosting plans from Bluehost.
- Basic (this is the cheapest plan which costs just $2.95/mo where you get a free domain and you can install 1 website)
- Plus (this plan lets you install unlimited sites and costs $5.45/mo)
- Choice Plus (most recommended plan as it costs just $5.45/mo where you can install unlimited sites and offers features like free backups, free domain privacy, etc)
- Pro (great for those who’re looking for a free dedicated IP that costs you $13.95/mo and offers all the features from the Choice Plus plan)
All the plans from Bluehost offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
In case you’re on a small budget, go with their Basic plan as it costs just around $35 for 1 year.
Have a look;
See that? You can get 12 months of web hosting from Bluehost just for $35.40.
Once you make the payment, you’ll get a confirmation email from Bluehost. Then, you can use the 1-click installer from Bluehost to install WordPress to launch your product review website.
If you need any help, you can email us at [email protected] and we’d be glad to help with creating a website with Bluehost.
How to Build A Product Review Blog That Makes Money [5 PROVEN Ways]
Let’s get to the good stuff now… once you launched a product review blog, how can you monetize it?
There are a lot of options including showing ads, selling affiliate products, sponsorships, and more.
But… you need to follow the RIGHT path to be able to succeed as a product review blogger. So here are FIVE proven ways to make money from a product review website.
1. Choose A Profitable Niche
The first step to building a successful product review website is to pick the right niche.
In case you’re wondering, a niche is a “small market or segment” within the large market for a product. For example, “gym wear for women” is a niche within the general category of “fitness”.
When you choose a niche, you are narrowing your target audience and tailoring your content to appeal to a specific group of people.
When picking a niche, make sure that there is enough demand for your product or service in your chosen niche. You can use free tools like Google Trends to easily find the popularity of ANY niche or topic.
Here are a few things to consider while picking a niche;
- Know your expertise and skills (what you’re already good at?)
- Identify problems you can solve
- Know your interests and passions
- Research your competition
For example, if you are passionate about lifestyle, you could start a blog reviewing products related to fashion trends or style tips. Or if you love to cook, you could create a blog reviewing recipes.
In case you’re curious, here are some of the most profitable niches you can consider in 2023;
- Make Money
- Weight loss
- Web hosting
- Personal Finance
In a nutshell, with so much competition, it’s essential to find a way to stand out from the crowd. Here’s where picking a profitable niche helps. If you can become the go-to source for information on your chosen topic, you’ll be able to build a profitable product review site.
2. Pick the RIGHT Products to Promote
When choosing affiliate products to promote, it is extremely important to keep your audience in mind.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What are their interests?
- What needs do they have?
- What kind of information are they looking for?
By understanding your target audience’s needs and wants, you will be able to choose products that they are more likely to be interested in.
That being said, here are a few things to consider while picking products to promote.
- Firstly, make sure that the products you are promoting are relevant to your niche audience. You won’t make any sales by promoting products that your audience has no interest in.
- Also, make sure that the affiliate products you choose offer a good commission. There is no point in promoting a product if you are not going to make any money off of it.
- Finally, read reviews of the products you want to promote. Consider the reputation of the company behind the affiliate product. That way you’ll choose the BEST products that can help your target audience.
3. Create Highly-Converting Product Reviews
One of the reasons we generate over $13,000 a month from our blog is we write unbiased product reviews.
If you want to boost your affiliate sales, start publishing reviews that are genuine.
Also, use the best practices to get Google star ratings for your product reviews so they can get more clicks from Google.
You can also try product review generators to write unique and compelling descriptions for your products.
In case you’re struggling to create great reviews including the headlines, outline, and review summaries of your affiliate products, you can consider an AI writing software like Jasper AI.
Jasper is AI-based writing software that automatically creates ORIGINAL content for you.
Want to try Jasper for FREE? Use the following link to try it for free and you’ll also get 10,000 free word credits.
Looking for a free tutorial on how to use Jasper to create content? You can read our in-depth Jasper AI review to find more details along with the tutorial.
So how much does Jasper AI cost?
Jasper AI offers the following two pricing plans.
1. Starter: This plan is great for beginners and it costs you just $29 per month (goes up to $399/mo). You can get access to 50+ AI copy generators to write short-form content like ads, product descriptions, reviews, etc.
2. Boss Mode: This plan is great for product review bloggers as you can create long-form articles, product reviews, and more. It costs you just $59 per month (goes up to $600/mo). You can get access to 50+ AI copy generators along with the following;
- Google Docs style editor
- Green Check
- Compose & command features
- Green Check
- Maximum content lookback
- Increased limits on templates
4. SEO Is EVERYTHING!
When it comes to product review blogging, one of the most important things you can do is focus on SEO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of increasing your website’s search rankings by using techniques like keyword research, link building, on-page optimization, etc.
Whether you know it or not, most people don’t search beyond the first page of Google. That’s why you need to rank on the first page results to attract a huge amount of potential traffic and customers.
However, it’s important to note that SEO is an ongoing process, not a one-time fix. In order to maintain and improve your website’s rankings, you’ll need to continuously tweak your content and optimize for relevant keywords.
Here are a few quick SEO tips for a product review website;
- Always target relevant keywords. Spy on your competitor’s keywords. Use tools like Semrush to easily come up with unlimited topic ideas.
- Craft compelling title tags as they matter a lot. You can use tools like Jasper AI to create amazing titles and descriptions for your product reviews.
- Build links. You can use various tactics like guest posting, writing on Quora, blog commenting, etc to build links to your product review site.
- Most of all, keep updating the existing posts. Tweak their titles. Add more relevant content. Optimize for new keywords. The more you tweak your existing content, the better traffic it generates.
All in all, SEO is a must. If you’re ready to start a product review blog, take some time to think about creating an SEO strategy and choose keywords that help you generate more search traffic.
5. Pick the Right Tools
Blogging is a business. What does every business need to succeed? If you said, investment in the right tools, you’re 100% right.
So what tools does every product review blogger needs to build a better blog? Here are THREE tools that we use and highly recommend.
Semrush is a powerful SEO toolkit that offers a wide range of features for both SEO and PPC professionals including keyword research, rank tracking, backlink analysis, site auditing tools, and more.
With Semrush, you’ll be able to see how your competitors are ranking for various keywords, how much traffic they’re generating, and what kinds of ads they’re running. You can also use Semrush to spy on your competitor’s backlink profile and get insights on building links to your own product review site.
How much does Semrush cost?
Semrush offers the following three pricing packages.
- The Pro plan costs you $119.95 per month and you can add up to 5 projects, crawl up to 100,000 pages and track up to 500 keywords
- Guru plan costs you $229.95 per month and you can add up to 15 projects, crawl up to 300,000 pages and track up to 1500 keywords
- Business plan costs you $449.95 per month and you can add up to 40 projects, crawl up to 1 million pages and track up to 5000 keywords
What are you waiting for? Use the following link to try Semrush Pro account for free and get instant access to the 50 tools.
Try Semrush Free for 30 Days (Worth $119.95)
ThirstyAffilates is one of the popular affiliate link cloaking plugins for WordPress. If you’re promoting affiliate products, you should cloak your affiliate links as most of them look ugly.
Here’s where a simple plugin like ThirstyAffiliates comes in handy as it not only helps with link cloaking but you can also provide the keywords and your affiliate link is linked automatically.
What about the pricing?
The good thing about ThristyAffiliates is that it offers a FREE version which is useful for most beginners. But if you need all its premium features, go with their premium plans which are listed below.
- Basic (this is suitable for 1 website which costs you $49 and offers automatic keyword linking)
- Plus (suitable for up to 5 websites and costs you $99)
- Advanced (suitable for up to 10 websites and costs you $149)
So what are you waiting for?
#3. Rank Math
Rank Math is a powerful SEO plugin for WordPress. You can use it to optimize your blog posts and pages for specific keywords. It suggests where to put keywords within your content to get maximum traffic from Google.
What’s the pricing of Rank Math?
Rank Math offers a free version which is great for beginners but if you want to unlock all its features go with their paid plans.
- Pro plan costs you $59 per year which can be used on unlimited personal sites you’ll also get free 15 Content AI credits and you can track 500 keywords
- Business plan costs you $199 per year which can be used on unlimited personal sites you’ll also get free 125 Content AI credits and you can track 10,000 keywords
- Agency plan costs you $499 per year which can be used on unlimited personal sites you’ll also get free 600 Content AI credits and you can track 50,000 keywords
You can also read our in-depth Rank Math SEO plugin review to find more details.
FAQs | Product Review Blogger 2023
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about product review blogging.
A product review blog is a website that covers reviews of various products on a particular topic. Tech Radar is a good example of a product review blog that mostly reviews products related to technology.
Yes, product review sites are really profitable in some niches such as weight loss, finance, web hosting, VPN services, etc. There are product review websites like Wirecutter (sold to over $30 million!), so you can imagine how profitable they’re.
Here are some of the top product review websites to follow in 2023;
– Tech Radar
Bluehost is probably the most affordable web host to launch a product review blog. You can get their hosting for just around $35 a year along with a free domain.
Final thoughts on product review blogs
Your ultimate goal as a product review blogger should be this: help people make the RIGHT purchasing decisions.
Here’s where picking the RIGHT niche, understanding your target audience’s needs, and choosing the right products helps A LOT.
As a product review site owner, you should provide an unbiased look at different products, letting your audience know what works and what doesn’t.
So what do you think about product review blogging? Do you want to become a product review blogger to earn money online? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.