Are you an aspiring creative food blogger? Here we are with the collection of the best WordPress themes for food blogs. You can choose one of them to beautify your food blog. I am a great foodie. Especially when it comes to trying new recipes. When hunger strikes, I start exploring food bloggers. Food blogs with catchy looks are the ones that make me stop and surf their blog.
Content Trustworthiness for Enlisting Food Blog WordPress Themes
- This article was completed in seven days and consumed 8 quality working hours.
- We have visited 25 different websites to create this post.
- We also considered the user experience and ratings before creating the best WordPress themes for food blogs.
- We have talked to some food bloggers individually and asked their preferences. What features exactly they love to see in a WordPress theme to create their own food blog?
Must Needed Tools to Create a Food Blog
- Blogging Platforms like WordPress and Joomla [similar to our skeleton].
- A Domain Name like blogstudies.com [Name of your blog] as we have our own name.
- A web Hosting Account [similar to our soul]. Bluehost could be a great choice if you are just starting your website. Bluehost provides a free domain name with the hosting plan.
- A theme for your new blog [similar to clothes that decide how we will look].
- You would need some essential WordPress plugins that would let your website function at its best.
In case you have done with the domain name and hosting service, you can start creating your WordPress blog right from here.
Important:- If you are switching your current recipe theme with our recommended theme, the UpdraftPlus plugin can help you back up your data files with a single click.
So back to the themes for your food blog.
Best WordPress Themes for Food Blogs [Paid and Free]
Gourmand is the latest theme created by WPZOOM for food bloggers. The first impression of this theme is quite classy. It covers all elements required by any food blogger. The moment I audited Gourmand. It reminded me of Steve Jobs, who always believed in simple but extraordinary products.
- Simple yet awesome and compelling.
- With the advanced theme options panel, you can easily edit the various elements of this theme as requires.
- This theme is fully responsive and optimized for all devices.
- Highly compatible with the latest Gutenberg.
- Gourmand is an AdSense-ready theme that provides ready to insert ad banners at four different places.
- It comes with a visual customizer so you can see the editing live.
- Gourmand is powered with advanced features like recipe index, custom recipe detail fields, and recipe card block integration.
- Gourmand is a lightweight theme which loads swiftly in both desktop and mobile device.
- You can customize the home page and posts with various widget blocks.
- Price- Free and paid with premium features.
Foodica is another WordPress recipe theme designed for food bloggers. Apart from recipe sharing, you can earn by selling niche-related products using Woocommerce. Foodica is a WooCommerce ready theme. Other essential features like cart and payment options compatibility complement this theme to be market-ready also.
- The Foodica theme is updated to the latest version of Gutenberg.
- The Foodica theme is cleanly coded and loads quickly.
- It is AdSense ready theme. You can use ready-to-use ad zones for banners at four different places.
- Live theme customizer helps you to add images, fonts, and colors of your choice easily.
- This theme is fully responsive and retina-ready.
- Foodica is compatible with Google AMP. The AMP is a required WordPress plugin to speed up your website on mobile devices.
- Price- Free and paid with premium features.
The name Cook’d be enough to explain that creators were 100% focused on recipe content creation. Cook’d is brought to you by one of the most praised theme creator company StudioPress.
Cook’d supports minimalist and a responsive WordPress theme blended with clean eye catching design and fast-loading features.
- Cook’d is designed in such a way that it works perfectly on various screen-size devices.
- Pre-made templates are helpful for budding chefs creating a full-fledged food blog website.
- The live theme customizer is available to edit theme settings with your choice.
- You can create beautiful landing pages by inserting multiple widgets.
- You can add contact forms to stay connected with your recipe fans and enhance website functionality.
- Price- Cook’d is a premium theme. But its premium features are worth buying.
Cookely is one of the best WordPress themes for food blogs considered to be next-level. It displays your recipes in a very compact and beautiful way. Your visitor will be in love at first sight with your food blog. It seems Cookely’s theme creators taken care of its functionality and style with their soul.
- You will get multiple places to insert add banners and newsletter signup forms to increase your ad revenues and subscription list.
- Cookely is extremely mobile responsive and loads faster to supports the core web vitals concept.
- It is created with quality and clean coding, which compliments WordPress cache plugins like W3 Total Cache and WP Rocket. This is our recommended combination to speed-up your recipe website.
- Cookely is also compatible with the latest Gutenberg update and offers you beautifully designed custom block editors to match your needs.
- You can choose from the grid and default blog layout to showcase your recipes.
- Cookely offers you a unique recipe index feature that will help you to display all your recipes in one place.
She’s sleek and svelte with her minimalist approach and clean design, but she sure packs a punch when it comes to features. Foodie Pro is the most flexible Genesis theme to date – with a minimalist style and plenty of color and typography options.
This is how the theme creator has described the Foodie Pro theme. That suggests how much effort they have invested to enrich Foodie Pro with elegancy.
- The theme header is fully customizable. You can place your brand logo in both text and image forms.
- Foodie Pro is AdSense ready theme.
- It is 100% responsive to mobile devices.
- It offers you more flexibility with 3 home page layout options and 5 site-wide widget areas.
- Three pre-made templates make your ways easy to create the website in your own fashion.
- The price of this theme includes Genesis Framework Package at a one-time purchase fee.
Astra is a highly customizable WordPress theme and trusted by more than 1.2 million websites globally. Astra’s ready-made websites could be your true companion if you are a beginner.
The major advantage that I found with the Astra theme is that you get multiple pre-made templates customized using various landing page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Brizy, and Gutenberg. So, you can choose a template created using your preferred page builder.
- Astra provides you multiple pre-built websites, so you won’t require coding for sure.
- Astra is a lightweight theme. It won’t let your shoulder down if you expect to load your website at high speed.
- Do you want to launch an online recipe store? Astra is seamlessly compatible with WooCommerce, an unmatchable WordPress plugin to build an online store.
- You can easily translate your blog content into different languages to target audiences from multiple countries.
- It supports SEO-friendly Schema.org markup.
RecipePress comes from the very renown house of the ThemeForest. This theme is perfectly blended with the elements of a recipe and food blog website. Infect your followers can submit creative and delicious recipes as the guest contributors. Also, followers are allowed to edit their recipes on the go.
- Your users can edit their profile at front end easily.
- RecipePress allows you listing recipes in grid and list view.
- You can opt from multiple styles to display your recipes. This features make your visitors to stay with your delicious preparations.
- If you are a restaurant and wish to showcase your chef team, RecipePress have a dedicated chef listing page.
- This beautiful theme have three pre-built footer options to choose from. Wow! That makes this theme even more classy.
- Child theme is included with the package.
- A user can use a special feature called countdown timer to set a timer according steps of video tutorial of the recipes.
- Theme is WPML compatible.
Cake Shop is developed by famous WordPress theme and plugin creator Themeisle. The Theme Shop is a pre-made template of the Neve theme. This theme is developed to match high performance on mobile devices. While we tested it on various devices, it outperformed and got ten on ten for retina readiness and responsiveness.
- It is compatible with Google AMP that helps fast loading on mobile devices within 3 seconds.
- This theme is specially designed to share bakery recipes with your users.
- It supports the WooCommerce package which means you can sell your baked products locally along with sharing recipes.
- It Supports page builder plugins like Elementor, Gutenberg, BeaverBuilder, Brizy, SiteOrigin, Visual Composer, and Divi page builder.
- Cake Shop is a lightning-fast and lightweight theme.
The theme Yumblog is cooked by Upthemes. Another good name for creating quality WordPress themes. The theme looks delicious, which gives your users great visual satisfaction and feel them hungry.
- Yumblog is a fully responsive WordPress theme that looks stunning on every device.
- It supports the drag and drop layout blocks feature with most of the page builders.
- Yumblog includes the Cooked plugin, which is specifically designed for recipe blogs. Cooked empowers Yumblog with community integration and front-end recipe submissions.
- This theme extends its power with customization and developer-friendly features.
The Fresh theme is a proven great theme for its fresh and catchy look. It could be a great choice to show your recipes with no buffering and website loading delay. It scores above 90 in all website performance judging tools like GTMetrix, Pingdom, and Google PageSpeed Insights.
- It comes with a built-in slider to show a variety of dishes.
- You can use the drag and drop feature to build an elegant home page.
- It comes with 7 pre-built home page layouts. You only need to replace existing content and links with yours.
- The fresh theme is SEO ready to help you rank faster on search engines.
- It is a schema and AdSense-ready theme. It includes ready-to-place ad widgets for the sidebar and between your content.
- It is compatible with the Cooked and WooCommerce plugin, which makes it a market-ready theme.
- You can control your home page from the dedicated panel under the WordPress dashboard menu.
- The support is awesome. You get your queries solved within 24 hours.
With a five-star rating, the Ranna is another masterpiece from ThemeForest. Fluid responsiveness, fast loading, easy customization, catchy style, and compatibility with advanced WordPress tools, you name the feature, and you get it. It comes with solid backend post-sales support. Now, this is called a perfect WordPress food and recipe theme.
- You get huge layout variation with the Ranna theme.
- It provides you 800+ Google fonts and 350 Font Awesome icons options to choose from.
- It gives you the freedom to add multiple ingredients to make a particular recipe. For example, you can add cheese, basil leaves, and other required ingredients for the pasta recipe.
- The lazy loading feature is incubated for fast website loading.
- Four eye-catching home page demo layouts to choose from.
- The Ranna theme has an inbuilt Rating feature. Your users may rate your recipes which enhances user engagement even more.
- Do you want to sell products? Well, the Ranna is an E-commerce ready theme that makes it easy to add a product portfolio for you.
- A WPML compatible theme.
Kale is a food specialist WordPress theme from Mojo Market Place. It offers one click install and migration facility, which makes it super beginner friendly. You can embed your YouTube recipe videos easily inside your content. Kale is a light weight theme that loads insanely fast.
- It comes with a sidebar MailChimp subscribe widget that helps you increase your subscriber list.
- Basic WooCommerce is already integrated which can be upgraded if requires.
- Your recipe fans have the option to print your delicious recipes with one click.
- A built-in recipe index is available to showcase the recipes.
- It supports rich snippets and recipe cards to create structured content recommended by Google. This feature boosts your search rankings in search engines.
- You can manage your mailing list with the pre-integrated MailPoet widget.
- Kale is an AdSense-ready theme.
The Savor is another beautiful food recipe theme from the house of Mojo Market Place. Look at the home page screenshot. It looks stunning because of the fluid responsive feature. Sharp colors make your recipes even more delicious.
- The Savor has 10 different blog layouts. The ten is a big number to choose from.
- Responsive design makes it fit for every device.
- AMP compatibility opens the ways to load your website faster on mobile devices.
- You can import demo content with one click and use it if you are a beginner.
- Apart from the recipe blog, the Savor is a perfect choice for businesses and restaurants.
- It supports the RTL feature that enhances the power of WPML for your multilingual audience.
- The Savor is a lightweight WordPress theme and loads faster to match Google’s core web vital guidelines.
The Blossom Recipe Pro is developed by Blossom Themes which is a one of the best theme maker in the market. Blossom Themes provides you some extended help like installation and setup with paid services, in case you are a budding recipe maker. You can get this theme for the life time with a little more amount.
- You gets subscribe widget on the top of your webpages that increases chances to get more email subscriber.
- You can showcase you recipes with live slider on home page.
- Mobile responsive design extends its functionality across devices with elegancy.
- It provides you 4 header layout and 9 home page layouts to setup your website view in your way.
- You have power to change default theme color.
- It has cross browser compatibility.
- Blossom Recipe Pro is a search engine optimize and AdSense ready theme. It provides you pre-created ad spots on multiple places.
- It comes with 63 awesome theme background options.
Daily Dish may look simple, but a powerful recipe theme to show your colorful dishes. Daily Dish is backed by StudioPress, one of the most loved theme developers and carrying all Genesis framework features. This theme is packed with all necessary sidebar widgets like social icons, compact email newsletter widget, author box, and category widget.
- Daily Dish is a pre-WooCommerce configured theme that ensures smooth online store creation.
- This theme is AMP compatible that extends its power to load fast and look elegant on mobile devices.
- Theme customizer makes your life easy with the live editing preview.
- Daily Dish is seeded with different page layouts so that you can use them on the go.
I hope this list of WordPress recipe and food themes will increase the taste of your flavorsome recipes.
Our Social Addresses
We request you to join our Facebook group BlogStudies Vitamins. You can ask questions and interact with group members there. We encourage you to share your WordPress experiences with WordPress enthusiasts.